Thursday, June 11, 2015

I spy...

Rabbits
Cardinals
Blue birds
Indigo buntings

Adolescent blackberries
Still red
Bees buzz
Creek gurgles

Horses trot
Paint in the lead
Human hollers 'cross the pasture
Hand rings the dinner bell 

Singing out loud
I sway back and forth

Sailing on two tires
Guided by handlebars

Breeze glides by
Invisible air-wakes
No cars allowed on
The Greenway

Lush green thrives 
On either side of blacktop
Nature sings back
I drink in the scenery

'Round the bend I spy
A new addition along the path
The Little Free Library
Wooden bench by the creek

I smile
I spread each palm
And pull the brake levers

Flush with the handle grips

Dismount
Tap, tap snapshots
Sit on the bench
Smile again

Life ain't too bad in the city



Little Free Library along Muddy Creek

Parade of turkeys

No comments: