Monday, September 29, 2008

About this blog

technology evolved ~ parchment altered
humanity evolved ~ the cry of the soul remains
voice of poetry ~ language of the heart
anthology ~ a gathering of flowers
of which there is a multitude
~*~

In this modern information age, parchment has changed. Everyday billions of symbols and characters appear upon the cyber page. Yet, the cry of the human soul continues as it has for thousands of years: to be acknowledged, to be heard, to embrace life, to flee from life, to face death, to flee from death, with all the facets in between.

An anthology is a collection of poetry/prose. The roots of the word 'anthology' mean "a gathering of flowers."

Thus this blog is a 'gathering of flowers'...of which there is a multitude. Some of splendor and life; others of loss and death. Yet each is significant; each deserves honoring.

With many of the poems I relay some of the context at the time the poem was written. Some poems may be years, or even decades old. All poems/prose are authored by me unless otherwise stated. I sign some with my pen name, Judith Piper.

Many of my poems/prose express the loss, grief, longing, rage, searching, confusion and other emotions that surface as a result of living through challenges of life, some of them traumatic. Some poems express hopes and dreams. Writing poetry and journaling have been two of my main therapeutic helps.

Each individual has a journey; each journey is significant. There are no non-persons; there are no non-events. I hope humanity can someday learn to honor one another with the respect and love we each deserve.

To Life!

Thanks for visiting...

~Carol
9/29/08


Is there ever a final draft? ~moi
Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance. ~Carl Sandburg


2 comments:

Muffyjo said...

Hello Carol/Judith/Nekot. I Enjoy Reading Your Poetry and find comforting words in your blog. There is so Much to Share When One Conquers and Rises above the Pain and Anger. Bravo for Your fighting Spirit and your desire to reach out to others. You are a Butterfly Spirit. I also have a Blog Dedicated to "Butterfly Spirits", as I have family and friends who qualify as abuse survivors.

I try to post positive support with my prose, and writing and links to my site relative to abuse survivors. Would it be ok with you for me to post a link to your site from my Butterfly Spirit Tales Blog @ http://butterflyspirittales.blogspot.com

Cheryl aka Muffyjo on the net

oneperson said...

Hi Cheryl,

Nice to meet your cyber-acquaintance. You cause me to smile! I love butterflies. :-)

Have you ever visited a butterfly house? If you can visit alone, it is magical. Sitting ever so quiet, one can hear the butterflies sing. Their wings make the tune.

I'd be honored to be included on your list! I too will include you on my blog roll.

Thank you for causing good ripples to flow...

Cheers,
~carol welch