Friday, April 6, 2018

Easy. Easy.


What do you feel right now, Carol? 

A sense of shame?
Lack of confidence?
Like a slacker?
Pressure to do another person's "right" thing?
To heed another's instruction for what will "heal" you?

Stop.

Ask your own body...
What are you able to do today?
What will bring you grounding?
What will allow you to ride the river?

But are those soul questions?
Instead of body questions?
I'd say both.

I ask Body because it houses Soul.
The two are really one.
Soul is Self.
Self includes Body.


It's okay to not accomplish what I feel culture demands.
It's okay to only breathe today, if that's all I can do.
But I feel like more than just breathing today.
Yet I haven't popped my morning pills.
And it's almost noon.

I had to nap this morning.
It was needful.

"Easy. Easy."
That's what I say to my blind-dog friend.
When he is about to run into a wall.
He slows down and most often doesn't hit the wall.

I don't want to hit the wall either.
"Easy. Easy."



My blind-d0c friend, who sees with his heart. 




No comments: