Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Room enough for dreams

When my muse seems absent,
where does it hide?
I know it always follows me,
hanging around without stepping into the light.
I wish it would take the lead, more often.

If I could climb into my shadow,
what would I see?
Is that where my vivid sleep-dreams originate?
Somewhere in my two-dimensional shadow?
If so, my shadow has more than two dimensions.

As a child, I thought my sleep-dreams took place in my torso.
There simply wasn't enough physical space in my head
for all the people and animals and beings from another realm,
for all the running and climbing and sailing and flying
and floating in midair, which is different than flying.

The only part of my body
with room enough for all those happenings
was in my torso.
Thus my torso is where I thought
my sleep-dreams happen.

As an adult, I still feel that way,
that my sleep-dreams happen in my torso,
even though science says that our sleep-dreams
happen in the brain in our heads.
But the heart is in the torso.

Maybe science is wrong...





No comments: