Monday, March 14, 2022

Flames upon laurels...

Prompt...write a fantasy of that which resonates with me. Of being the damsel in distress or the heroine....

~*~

My dapple-gray unicorn...
You have rescued me multiple times...
We fly to the far end of the rainbow...

Like Atreyu upon Falkor in...
Neverending Story...
Rescuers Down Under...

Witnessed by my inner helpers that tend the campfires...
And recently a new helper has come on the scene...
Grief carrier, whose palms are made to carry the flames of grief...
Which he gently places upon leaves of laurel...
Which he gently places to float upon a pond...

The flames are not extinguished, at least not yet...
Instead, they burn continuously, each upon their leaf of laurel...
Floating upon the pond like lilies...
Reflecting their beauty under the clear night sky... 
Filled with stars and sliver of moon...
Which are aflight above my grief vessel...

Palms of Grief...
He is so very blissful whenever he visits...
In my inner world...
He and the Campfire Keepers...
And me...

We all gather round Sol Disc...
Which glows like the sun...
Located in my solar plexus area...
We are all fed by Sol Disc's halo of warmth...
Blanketed but in no way suffocated...

Once fed by the disc...
Palms of Grief returns blissfully in his continued job of witnessing the flames upon the laurels...
Campfire keepers, return to their work...

And my soul is rescued in those moments...