Monday, March 22, 2021

Gestation

I feel pain
I feel my body changing
I'm not sure if it is for the good

What is happening 
to me? 

I wait

I feel stickiness
In my body
Not around my body
Rather, between parts of my body
Like a lubrication

I wait

I feel my self folding
Into a different form
Like someone is
Beside-within me

I feel my self cracking
No, not me 
It is this shadowy casing
My recent dwelling

And I wait

I feel something odd
On my back
A gentle coolness 

Something, 
something big, 
is happening.

And I wait

Oh my!
What is this?!

More gentle cool
Not rushing in
Just more of it 
Surrounding me

I feel  
My self 
Emerging

From my spine 
There is pain
Something is unfolding
As it unfolds
The pain eases

And I wait

Then
Like I already know what to do
For no one has told me
It is innate
I stretch and stretch
Two lightweight structures
Emerge from my back
I feel them broadening

With an almost unconscious effort
Because I know 
This is what I am made for
I begin to undulate these structures

And I am lifted upon the air

And I see 
Not only with my eyes
But with my entire being
I see a wide view

I can float and fly and land
Upon the milkweed
To drink its lifegiving nectar

The new opening gestating in me is 
Freedom
Somehow I will make it through 
All these symptoms
Beyond the poisoning of my system

And I will emerge

Maybe not totally cured in body
But in my soul I will soar
And maybe
Just maybe

My body shall follow....

~*~
3/22/21
Prompt: "The new opening gestating in me is...."
~*~

No comments: