Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Gnat on a sled...

I am so exhausted...
Limbs, body, brain weakened...
Muscles, hands, fingers tremble...
Soles, palms, crown tender-to-touch...

Caustic comes to mind...

That type of art...
What is it called? 

Just googled it...
Encaustic art...

I had a correct image of the art...
What's that word?
Imprint? 
Like in wax seals...

I used to have a wax seal...
I'd use it sometimes on envelopes...
Sealed with a lick...
And sometimes a kiss...
And then dripped wax with an imprint...
But I can't recall the image inside the circle...

Was it my initials?

Imprint isn't the word I'm searching for...
But it's all I have for now...

The seal left raised ridges...
And lowered dips...
In the dripped wax...
One's finger could rumble... 
Across the small impression...

Ahh, impression! 
Is that the word?
Embossed? 
Yes, embossed...
Or rather embossment...

An itty-bitty, tiny, microscopic gnat could sled...
Up and down the ridges...
Within and around that small, embossed wax disc... 

How does any of that apply to my exhaustion?
Maybe I'll come up with some sort of creative answer...

~*~

Right after I typed this poemish...
Ladybug visited...
She's been around a few days...
And has brought me smiles...
Litte-thing therapy...

It's a blurry picture...
But the blur does depict my trembles...




No comments: