Thursday, September 15, 2022

The wall, stagger-stacked...

August 26, 2022

Gray and large
They line up
Stagger-stacked 
From the surface of the sea
Down to its sandy floor
An undulating wall
As the whales
Ever so slightly 
Move their giant bodies
As slowly as land-turtles

Ocean-ripples fan outward

The stagger-stack changes
As the lower whales need oxygen
And trade locations
With the whales on the surface

I observe from another realm

The whale wall is not far 
Out into the ocean
It appears that, if I were able,
I could swim to the wall from the beach
The ocean is very calm
There are no splashing waves

The fishes swimming in the water
Between the whale-wall and the beach
Converse...

"The whales are protecting us"
"I wonder what from?"
"I don't know, but I wish they could go free. 
I want the flow of water again."
"Yes; me too. We need the flow.