Sunday, August 11, 2024

Feel Me (2007)

  ~*~
I've recently run across some old poems... 
Adding some of them to my online anthology...
 ~*~

Turn off this static
that fills my mind.

Flee to the woods
this soul of mine.

Arms outstretched.
Face to the sun.

Fill my senses with wonderment!
Fill my lungs with life!
Fill my heart with freedom!

let me taste the prism hues
let me dance upon the rainbow
let me touch the sky

Fill me!
Feel me....

Let me know I am
ALIVE.


january 2007

~*~
August 11, 2024

As I'm rereading these poems from decades past, I read about a woman in distress. And, in 2007, I'd say that was true. (There've been other years of distress too.) I felt I was battling for my mind, maybe? January 2007 was when I began to experience and see that the anti-cult movement could be just as cultish as the cult. I received a big dose of this understanding in the subsequent years. 

I also began to see that "cult" behavior is human behavior but taken to an extreme. 

A blog post from 2018: "Cult behavior is human behavior..."