Thursday, October 14, 2021

Traditional Mold

A vaccine is a drug
Drugs have side effects
One needs to weigh possible benefits 
    with possible risks

But am I endangering others?
How can one have a contagious disease
    with no symptoms?
It's a weird world

How do I function within this strange society?
I pretty much don't
I feel I live in a different world
An isolation bubble that floats around
    peering into the lives of others 
        in their bubbles

I feel I've lost Friend
Friend seldom reads me anymore
Friend never initiates phone calls
When we do talk it seems Friend feels I need help 
It seems Friend tries to give me advice 
    when I ask for none
I think Friend assumes I'm unhappy or lost 
    or something

I don't cry often
I don't heartily laugh often
I used to 
    when I had more energy

Everyday I am closer to death
What the hell am I here for? 

Round 36 begins October 25, 2021...

~*~

penned 10/11/21

No comments: