Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Closure is not necessary...

My stomach turns at the duplicity
Ah, that's why the nausea churned
As the days passed after you plunged your dagger
Deep into my heart and marrow

I have grieved and raged
Raged at the hypocrisy
Angry at my own rationalization
Grieved at another loss

I don't know why hypocrisy 
Causes my blood to boil so
Is it because of the times
When I too have played the hypocrite

Still, I endeavor to own my errors
I think I've done an okay job
Including with this recent assault
However minimal you may deem it

My real error was in rationalizing your duplicity
I chose to see the good 
While blinding myself to the poison
Until I too became a target 

But alas, this loss is a lesson
Like many other losses
So, move along Carol
Closure is not necessary

For now, I nurse the wound
With help from a couple dear friends
True friends
Tender, clarifying, good-hearted

And that's what really matters...

So, flee from me
This strife and hurt
Allow tenderness, harmony 
Acceptance, forgiveness

And be freer than before... 

~*~

Sometimes you don't get closure; you just move on. ~ Karen Salmansohn


To be free...
Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, 2019
~*~