Wednesday, July 10, 2024

God's Healing Cover (2001)

 ~*~
I've recently run across some old poems... 
I plan to add them to this poetry blog...
So, reader beware...
 ~*~

God's Healing Cover


My life was stormy,
yet I knew God's will was healing, wholeness, and vitality.
At times this was evident to my soul,
yet at times this vision was blurry.
In spite of my doubt God's hands upheld me;
His Word was my soothing guide.
With open face I would pour forth my soul;
any darkness I tried not to hide.

I would think of the man whom for forty years
believed until his wholeness was filled.
Or the woman who had the issue of blood
who didn't give up and her body was healed.
I would bring to mind the price Christ paid
to drive away my emotions of doubt.

I would go to the man on earth
whom I love above any other.
He would hold me, caress me, tenderly soothe
remind me of God's healing cover.

At times I would think,
"Well if I should die, I will still proclaim
God's will is wholeness
I will hold my mind
Attribute no folly to His name."

I'm thankful for the healing I have received
I know I have a ways to go.
I trust I'll continue to believe
Knowing that is a key to receive
And reach out to others to inspire the same.

march, 2001

~*~
Another poem from a time when I was a true Way believer...
This is about my healing from asthma and other autoimmune disorders which I had suffered for almost two decades, at the time...
My getting well was not a miracle in the literal sense of the word...
My healing came via science...
And, to me, science and life are full of "ordinary miracles"...
~*~