Thursday, July 18, 2024

Reverie (2007)

 ~*~
I've recently run across some old poems... 
Adding some of them to my online anthology...
 ~*~

 Reverie

Why are you hiding friend?
Why do you not respond?
Why do we humans hide?

Why not open ourselves
while we draw breath
to listen beyond and beneath words
to hear our hearts beat
to share the rhythm of our souls?

I yearn for a day
when we love one another
in spite of disagreements
in spite of misconceptions.

When with open face and open hearts
we can stand in one another's presence
unguarded, naked
without reservation.

When we see with enlightened hearts
what it is that lies deep within
compelling each of us to act as we do.

....Yes, I am a dreamer....

Hopefully the dreams have substance
and one day perhaps
we will be connected with a resonance
that extends beyond words
a magic that too often exists
only in our dreams.

I pray I never lose that dream
never quit believing
in the heart of another
my sister, my brother
wherein perhaps is planted
an eternity divine.


january, 2007