Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Shorts: February 2023

To read an introduction and access the Shorts index, click here: Shorts: Introduction

Dedicated to all who suffer in silence...
Which isn't silent at all...
The torment is a far scream from quiet...
You are heard...
      You are not alone...
      We are not alone...

Wednesday, 2/01/23

Undulating pain
Thru my forearms
Into my wrists and palms

Woman, upright in bed
Outstretched legs
Watches the flame dance



Friday, 2/03/23

What is sex?
How does it feel?
All I know are memories and fantasies




Saturday, 2/04/23

February has four syllables
Carol has two
Valentine, three

Gabapentin has four syllables
Marijuana has four
Sleep, one

Elbows and knees, forearms and upper
Wrists and hands, back and ankles
Palms and fingers, shins and soles
They all hurt

Will I ever know
pure joy
again?

I have drifted away
from people. It's okay Carol.
You still have a few.



Sunday, 2/05/23




Monday, 2/06/23

So sad
Longing for affection
Ahh...desire equals
Suffering



Tuesday, 2/07/23

Sun shone brightly
In my sky today
Until the next bout of clouds

Less pain today
I enjoyed the reprieve
More please?

Opps! I wrote in shorthand
And I got messier
Why?



Thursday, 2/09/23

Tired
But I write my syllables
Anyway

Pain in back
and arms and legs
and hands and feet
That is all



Friday, 2/10/23

Pay Discover
Pay Visa
Terminix and Novant

Hubby stands to give the Practice
I soon will lay
To receive the Practice



Saturday, 2/11/23

I wait 'til night to write
when I am too tired 
to write

I wait 'til night to write
when it's too uncomfortable to write
adjusting all my pillow props



Sunday, 2/12/23

Solitude invites
conversation with
the elements

Called AOF Friday
Did not leave voicemail
AOF immediately responded in text

And shortly thereafter, called
We spoke an hourish
I feel the gap in our connection




Wednesday, 2/15/23

Did not write my 
syllables
for two days

Drive to The Saddle
Pop the pills
Drink in the sunset
As I draw my last breath

The company of self-doubt
is not a visitor
I desire

Bask in possibilities
Flying on horses
Dancing on whalebacks

Lift me up
Take me away
Deep into imaginations



Thursday, 2/16/23

What does trust look like?
Sun. Breath. Body.
Kindness. Gentleness. Trust.



Friday, 2/17/23

I trust...

Thru pain, sadness, grief...
Thru flow, joy, wholeness...
Thru suffering...
Thru relief...
Honoring each...

I trust...



Sunday, 2/19/23

Writing my syllables
But not everyday
Living them though, everyday




Tuesday, 2/21/23

Weary
Pain
Weakness
Please Lord, may I sleep tonight

May my heart be turned
toward gratitude
Even while uncertainty roars



Sunday, 2/26/23

Rereading my previous words
Syllables, shorts
Briefs, like underwear

Ruminating, ruminating
May I be free from these
Revolving thoughts

Please, Dear God
I pray again for freedom
From this unforgiving pain
And weakness and fatigue

I feel too sloppy to write
Sloppy in my brain
Sloppy in my hands
Sloppy in my posture



Monday, 2/27/23

Son and Daughter-in-law
Above the clouds
In route to 
Little Down Under